In the old days when driving your car was a sign of independence, a minor traffic accident would most likely be handled by exchanging some information and calling off a tow truck. Nowadays, not only do you have to worry about insurance premiums going up but also being sued by anyone who is injured in the accident or has damage to their vehicle. If this happens to you must find yourself a good car accident lawyer right away.
Here are some things you can do to ensure that you hire the best car accident lawyer for your situation:
1) Check with family members or friends for recommendations from people they know whose been involved in accidents before. You want somebody who is experienced and knows all about how these types of cases work and how to get you the settlement you deserve.
2) Take a look in the phone book for listings under “attorneys”, many have sections in their book devoted to personal injury lawyers in your area.
3) If you have any recommendations from friends or co-workers who have filed car accident claims, take a look at their lawyer’s website and see if they are qualified for your case before calling them. Most will have pages on their site devoted to “testimonials” where people can write in with favorable comments about their experience with that attorney because of how well they handled an auto accident claim against them or somebody they know. If there aren’t any testimonials chances are the attorney isn’t too experienced handling these types of claims.
4) If you feel that the case is too small to hire an attorney or just don’t want to go through the hassle of hiring one and paying their fees, there are services out there that can help with your claim without having to pay a fee. While it may not seem like much money and you think you know everything about handling a car accident claim, why is risk ruining your chances of getting what you deserve?
5) Make sure that you find yourself a car accident lawyer who will work on a contingency basis if at all possible. This means that they only get paid from your settlement if they win the case for you. By working on this basis as opposed to charging hourly rates they will be more motivated to see your case finished as soon as possible.
Otherwise, you could find yourself in the position of hiring a car accident lawyer who’s trying to get your case settled quickly but isn’t doing everything he or she can for you because they need to make a profit off of your misfortune. Get all the help you can, even if it means spending some money upfront. With no real effort on your part except looking at what’s available to you by way of resources, you’ll have taken an important step towards getting back on track with your life following that unfortunate traffic accident.
Things You Need to Know About Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
The market is swarmed with lawyers who specialize in personal injury cases, but not all of them are competent enough to represent you effectively in court. If you think that your case doesn’t require the assistance of a lawyer because it’s not very complicated or there were no injuries involved, then you’re wrong. Even if the other party is to blame for the accident and has substantial insurance coverage, hiring a car accident lawyer can still benefit you greatly! Read on to find out how these professionals can help your case… – They Can Negotiate for A Larger Settlement – Getting the insurance company to pay for your losses can be a long and frustrating process, especially if they suspect that you’re not in the right. Even if the other party was clearly at fault for causing the accident, their lawyers know how to exploit this fact so you end up with less compensation than your case is worth. By hiring an experienced car accident lawyer, you’ll have somebody on your side who knows what needs to be done to get you that money! – They Have the Right Connections The law prohibits lawyers from directly approaching the responsible party or their insurer without filing a lawsuit, but there are other ways around this restriction. If your lawyer knows someone working in the legal department of the insurer’s company (like a legal assistant, say), he or she can get in touch with them and start negotiating for your settlement! – They Have the Right Resources for Your Case
Each type of case has specific paperwork that must be filed before the negotiations begin, including evidence that needs to be gathered beforehand. Car accident cases are no exception, so don’t think you’re going to get away without having to do anything extra! Hiring an experienced lawyer will ensure that all the right steps are taken at the right time. – They’ll Figure Out If You Have a Case or Not Remember how I said car accident claims can get complicated sometimes? This is why it’s important to hire a car accident lawyer even if you feel like your claim doesn’t need professional assistance. Sometimes you need to hire a car accident lawyer only to find out later that there was nothing for him or her to do in the first place. This is one of the greatest benefits associated with hiring a car accident lawyer – it costs money, but it’s better than wasting time and energy!